Sunday, March 01, 2015

SUNDAY SUMMARY


So this week has not been all that much different from last. I've had a huuuge amount of university work to get done, and unfortunately I'm going to be saying that until May/June time. I had a meeting at uni for feedback and they basically said they liked my idea, but change it all together, so now I have to totally re-do it, and I only have another week to get my first draft of the publication complete. Just a little stressed at the moment....


In order to combat the stress and try not to stuff my face in pizza and chocolate for comfort, I've been trying to eat a little healthier, starting with my new love for smoothies since I bought the Blend Active last week. I've gotten into a routine of getting up and making a smoothie right away, and it's a lovely way to start the day, much preferring it to a cup of tea or coffee! Plus, you can be so experimental with them and make such amazing different recipes. Also, the avocado and poached eggs on toast was what I made for brunch on friday, it was absolutely delicious! I'd seen loads of people having it for their breakfast on instagram and such, and thought it wouldn't be all that great tasting, but I thought, what the heck, and tried it, I really enjoyed it too. However, I did over poach my eggs sligtly, but it was my first time poaching an egg so I let myself off!


The typography is just something I've been working on as a side project of my main final uni project. I'm supposed to be doing a peice of typography a day, however that sometimes doesnt happen due to lack of motivation or I just can't think of anything to write. I've been quite enjoying it though, I usually do them when sat on the sofa before bed watching Charmed on Netflix, haha! The two above are the only two I have gotten round to digitalising so far, however I've got over half of a sketchbook full already, and I'm pretty pleased with how they've turned out! Even if you're not into graphic design theres something quite theraputic about just writing down a word of phrase from your day, then you can frame it and put it somewhere in your home. I'm hoping to get a couple of these printed and put up in my flat, or even selling them on etsy!

Another uneventful week, but unfortunately I've just not got the time to do anything other than work at my laptop all day or go to uni.

Can't wait for my education to be over, finally! Haha!

Alison xx

2 comments:

  1. hey, i just wanted to let you know i have nominated you for the versatile blogger awacd, you can see it on my blog, http://beautysimperfections.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-versitile-blogger-award.html ,have a great day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah thank you christina!! xx

    ReplyDelete