Saturday, January 24, 2015

WINTER BLUES



Last night was very chilly in the flat. I was feeling a bit fed up and overwhelmed by university and the thought of having to get up at 7am in the freezing cold to go open up at work in the morning just made me miserable. I know I should be thankful for having a part-time job and the opportunity to do my course at uni, but sometimes it gets a bit much and, lets face it, no-one really enjoys getting up at the crack of dawn for their part time job when they are a lazy university student.

In order to make myself feel better I lit every candle I could and brought them into the bedroom. I even switched on the radiator! That's big when you're a poor student! haha. I've been avoiding turning on the heating all winter but tonight the boyfriend insisted, so I'm blaming him, hehe. Treated myself to a bit of 'me time' by reading the latest Computer Arts magazine, watching youtube and reading blogs.

Sometimes we all need a bit of a switch off. Though I should probably work on switching off all social media and just reading for a bit, it's getting a bit ridiculous how much I'm scolling endlessly on my phone or laptop. Theres been times I've finished reading twitter on my phone, to go and open my laptop and load twitter, I think thats a sign I need s few hours away from it all! haha.

Feel free to let me know how you like to switch off on an evening in order to raise your spirits!


Alison xx

4 comments:

  1. I do the exact same with Twitter haha! To switch off I literally have to hide my phone or let it die and charge it so I can't go on it!! xx
    OliviaCherylx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly the same with my apps. I literally check them after leaving my phone for a minute or so. A break is definitely needed! Hope you are feeling cosy!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends on the type of day I had and my level of stress, but one way to crack a smile is to sing in the mirror. It's so silly and childish that I can't help but relax and come back down to earth. After that, I'll make tea or glass of wine and entertain myself with a funny show or book.
    Texas Jak
    http://www.novermyhead.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, nice to hear I'm not the only one! And Texas Jak, that sounds like a great way to wind down! Especially the wine, haha!

    ReplyDelete